Seven Pounds Movie Review
February 16th, 2009
I watched this movie last week and I ended up crying
It was about a man named Tim Thomas (Will Smith), who was involved in a car crash and killed 7 people including his fiance. This is due to him using his cellphone while driving. Serves as a lesson for us right?
Tim can’t seem to get over his guilt over what happened and decided to pay back by helping 7 different people.
- his brother Ben – he gave him a lung lobe
- child services worker Holly – he gave her part of his liver
- junior hockey coach – George – he gave a kidney
- a young boy Nicholas – he gave a bone marrow
- a mother of 2 kids w/ an abusive boyfriend – he gave his beach house
- blind meat salesman Ezra – he gave his corneas
- greeting card printer Emily – he gave his heart
As the story goes, I really can’t help but feel sorry for him. I mean I surely am guilty of texting while driving. I’ve been doing that and luckily have not been in an accident. He’s a good person, he doesn’t drink but he just got unlucky coz he was thinking about work. When I think about it, I might/will do the same thing. It just pains me to see someone go through that because of one innocent mistake. So sad…
I went out of the movie with my nose really really red. I hid in the washroom for a few minutes till I look a lil better hehehe.
I guess the biggest lesson here is not to text while driving. You don’t know that 1 simple mistake like that can do to our lives…
My rating for Seven Pounds: 4.5 out of 5 stars.