iBlog5: The 5th Philippine Blogging Summit
This is the 1st ever Blogging Summit I attended and I must say that it is truly enlightening for me. I’ve been blogging for quite some time but I’m doing it the wrong way thus my site traffic isn’t as impressive as of the other bloggers. Attending the sessions really enlightened me so much that I had this renewed enthusiasm about blogging… passionate already but is becoming more passionate…
I was a bit pissed off at first because wifi internet connection suck big time and to make matters worse, there were no signals on both my globe and sun cellular phones! Eventually, I think it is a blessing because if I had ways to communicate to the outside world, I wouldn’t have listened much to the talks in the summit and wouldn’t be able to learn anything. So… I’m happy, ecstatic even!
Sharing with you the agenda of the event:
- 9:00 – 9:15 Registration, National Anthem, Invocation, Welcome Remarks
- 9:20 – 9:40 Blogging 101 (Micaela Rodriguez & AJ Matela)
- 9:45 – 10:05 Photo Blogging (Faith Salazar & Fritz Tentativa)
- 10:10 – 10:25 Break
- 10:30 – 10:50 Video Blogging (Azrael Coladilla & Kring Elenzano)
- 10:55 – 11:15 Mobile Blogging 101 (Edwin “Ka Edong” Soriano)
- 11:20 – 11:40 Do’s & Dont’s of Blogging (Benj Espina & Juned Sonido)
- 12:10 – 1:00 Lunch Break
- 1:00 – 1:20 Legal Issues in Blogging (Atty. JJ Disini)
- 1:30 – 2:15 Preparing Bloggers for 2010 Elections (Atty. James Jimenez), Bloggers Election Handbook Project (Janette Toral)
- 2:30 – 3:30 Blog Marketing & Advertising Experiences in the Philippines (Mannix Pabalan, Lazzlo Lim, Kristine Mandigma, Jayvee Fernandez & Eric Ramirez)
- 4:00 – 4:15 Break
- 4:15 – 4:45 Blogging to the Next Level (Fitz Villafuerte & Anton Diaz)
- 4:45 Raffle & Group Picture Taking
There were several good speakers… but my favorite presentation is from Fitz Villafuerte… He discussed to us “Top 5 Tips that Probloggers will usually NOT tell you about Making Money Online“. He was very articulate, the presentation is simple enough for everybody to understand…. I will not share with you the top 5 tips coz as the title says, probloggers will usually NOT tell you about it hehehehehe so pardon me if I can’t share the information, besides if you’re a blogger, you should be attending iblog!
Anyhow, this is truly a great learning experience… aside from the whole day long information overload hehehe. I was also able to mingle with the bloggers and also meet some bloggers for the 1st time. It was also nice to see Anton who I used to work with when he was still in P&G. His presentation about the different stages of blogging is a good one! Aha, now I know what my goal is… to be a… MAVEN!
I also realized there are different types of blogging, some just blog photos, some just blog about their day-to-day using only words, while some just blog via videos. I can say that I’m a bit of everything… I blog about my experiences using words, pictures, sometimes videos. Let’s see what my blogging life takes me..
Thanks to the iBlog organizers and also to the sponsors for this event (AyosDito.ph, POC, Smart, Jollibee, Yehey, 611 Connect, Greatwebhost, RealityTV & Alfox).
I won an iblog5 shirt too!