Hello Kitty Online
August 24, 2009
I attended the Hello Kitty Online Bloggers Party at Yaku Restaurant, Podium Mall last August 20, 2009. It was attended by bloggers and organized by Level Up, sponsored by Level Up, Sanrio & Netopia.
Pictures from the event can be found here.
They gave us a demo of the game and also raffled out prizes, I didn’t win but I’m happy to be invited as I’m a BIG fan of hello kitty! So nice that there is an online game that has Sanrio characters. We were all given founders beta passes to try out the game first-hand.
I tried it out early this morning. I initially thought that this will be the same SIMS but apparently, I can compare this with World of Warcaft hehehe. It’s an MMPORG but more on the “cute” side.
First, you’ll create your character, customize it according to your preference. I named my character “Alba” (I just watched Time Traveler’s wife hehe).
Then we’ll explore the world, it’s soooo cute! It’s a truly magical world out there with places like London, Paris, Beijing, New York & Florapolis.
And we can also interact with Sanrio characters such as Hello Kitty, Keroppi, Bad Badtz-Maru, Pochacco, many more.
There are just so many things to do in HKO.
- Farming – allows you to plant, grow & harvest your crops
- Item Collection & Crafting – allows you to dig ores in mines or gather fruits from trees. You can also gain skills like cooking, tailoring, make furnitures & house building.
- Pet System – you can own different pets to defeat monsters.
- Guild System – Guild can also be formed inside HKO. players can choose one of the 6 sanrio characters as their emblem.
So glad that I’m one of the first ones to try out this great cute game! If you want to be part of the first few to try out the game, you can go to this link.
Before I forget, HKO players can also get a free account with Sanriotown (http://sanriotown.com) where they can send emails, post blog entries, share pictures, play mini games and a lot more.
Here are improvement areas that I hope HKO team will address:
- We can only use our mouse as controls for the game. I really hope we could also use the arrow keys in our keyboards.
- We can only add our HKO buddies if we’re both offline. I hope that we can add buddies even if they are offline.
- Can’t zoom in or zoom out We have to be very dependent on the mini map in this case. I hope we’d be given that option coz it will ease gameplay a lot.
- Be able to create more than 1 character. We’re only allowed to create only one character today.
That’s all for now. Let’s see if I have something more to say in the future when I get to play the game more