Roch’s Body Fat is at 34.5%
November 26, 2009
Our office launched a challenge for its employees called the FQ challenge. This is aimed to give us a better work-life balance. Ofcourse, It is an exciting way for us to be more determined and also a great way to inspire us to aim for better fitness quotient.
Last week was our weigh-in for baseline measurements. I was totally shocked and became a bit (okay, really very!) worried about my result. Would you believe my body fat is 34.5%????!?
That just means that my body is composed of 34.5% fat! It just proves that I’m overweight or obese!! Wow! Am I really that fat? I may not look fat but having that big fat percentage is a signal that I should start working on my health as it shows that I’m not healthy with the rate I’m going.
I made a bit of research and found out that body fat are dependent of age & gender. It also depends on how we live our life. Some people do exercise regularly that result to better health. Here is a table developed for ideal body fat percentages:
Our health team used Omron Body Fat monitor to check our measurements. We just have to hold it with our hands stressed for a few seconds then we’ll be able to see the ff.:
- Body Fat Measure
- Body Type
The other usual checking was done as well. Weight, height measurement, age & gender. I don’t know what my FQ (fitness quotient) is as our HR team will need to compute it for everyone. I guess we’ll be able to view our result very soon.
With that in mind, I vow to already start one of my new year’s resolution — to be better fit. Things that I’m planning to do are:
- Jog at least 5k every saturday & sunday mornings.
- limit cravings for comfort food like Wendy’s Iced Tea & KFC Hot & Crispy Chicken.
- Eat healthy: more fruits, less junk food.
- learn to swim. Take lessons within 2010.
- I also learned that we need to exercise at least 30minutes a day. That I have to think what to do. I’m thinking to do those video workouts in my room whenever I wake up or jog around the village every morning.
So you should expect more fitness-related posts in HeaRty’s Haven. Join me in my journey to better health! 🙂