Things I Want to Do Before I Die
June 10th, 2011
I’m not getting any younger. I know that I only have a few years to live. If I think about it, I might be in mid-life already. This made me think about the things that I want to do but haven’t done so. There are so many of them.
With this in mind, I decided to write here my list of Things I want to Do Before I Die. I guess, I can go back to this entry every now and then to check my progress.
Maybe you can relate to some of them.
Roch’s Things to do before dying:
- Finish reading the Bible (target: year 2012)
- Own a condominium unit (target: year 2012)
- Own an SUV car (target: year 2014)
- Own a successful business.
- Travel all around the World.
- Travel all around the Philippines.
- Learn to play a guitar.
- Learn to play the piano.
- Be a successful Blogger (target: 100,000 unique readers per month)
Be a writer/contributor for a newspaper(completed Year 2011: Manila Bulletin TechNews).
- Try Car Racing.
- Try Gun Shooting & own a Gun.
- Learn to Play Badminton.
- Learn how to Swim (target: year 2012)
- Learn to Scuba Dive.
- Run a marathon (42k).
- Prerequisite: Run 5k,
Run 10k, Run 21k
- Target Date: Year 2015
- Prerequisite: Run 5k,
- Learn to ride a Bike.
Ride a Jetski.(completed 2005: Boracay, Philippines) Ride a Banana Boat(completed 2005; Boracay, Philippines) Go Kayaking.(completed 2009: Pangasinan, Philippines) Go Parasailing(completed 2009: Boracay, Philippines) Go Zorbing(completed 2009: Boracay, Philippines) Go White Water Rafting(completed 2011: Davao, Philippines) Ride in a Hot Air Balloon(completed 2010: Clark Pampanga, Philippines)
- Watch NBA Live.
Watch WWE Live. (completed Year 1998: Anaheim, California)
- Watch Olympics Live.
Work in one of the best companies in the world(completed Year 2006: Procter & Gamble). Have a career in the IT industry(completed Year 2008: P&G-IT department). Be ITIL-Certified.(completed year 2009: ITIL version 3.0)
- Be PMP-Certified.
- Be very active in a charity organization I believe in.
- Complete all Toastmaters certifications and participate in a public speaking contest.
Teach in a university(completed Year 1999: Centro Escolar University, Advanced Mandarin)
- Experience true love.
- Learn to bartend.
- Go into space.
Be on radio(completed 2010: DZRH for Blogwatch). Be seen on TV(completed 2009: QTV).
- Be in a movie.
Be a model(completed 2003: m|Ph Magazine).
- Have a dog as a pet.
- Achieve my ideal body weight and shape (target: 105 pounds)
Played Basketball(completed 2006: Women’s Basketball P&G office tournament).
- Learn Ballroom Dancing.
- Learn Belly Dancing.
- Learn Pole Dancing.
- Fly first class.
- Fly in a helicopter.
- Go on a cruise.
Invest in the Stock Market(completed 2001: Online Trading, Philippines)
- Become a millionaire.
- Have a WoW character that reaches the highest level possible.
Learn to Drive a car.(completed 2004: drove the same day after 5-hour driving lesson).
- Sponsor a child’s education.
- Own a Louis Vitton wallet & Bag.
- Own a Rolex watch.
- Own a Tiffany & Co. Jewelry.
Meet Steve Jobs!!!(not reachable anymore as Steve is now gone, RIP)
- Attend an Apple Conference.
Dye my hair. (completed 2012: I’m now a redhead!)
- Make a will.
- Have a tattoo.
- Be a part of a reality show.
- Participate in a TV game show.
- Learn Cross-Stitch again & complete 5 works.
- Learn Paper Tole again & complete 5 works.
- Learn how to Cook and Bake.
- Solve the Rubik’s Cube.
I know 70 things aren’t enough. I never thought it’s that hard to come up with a list. So I’ll just make this a working list. I’ll update this as I think of more things to do
How about you? Do you have a bucket list?