Wishful Thinking in 2013
January 1st, 2013
Happy New Year!
What a year that was! In my case, 2012 was a difficult one and I’m really looking forward to 2013 because mishaps won’t happen in two consecutive years. I know all the hardships I went through in 2012 will be replaced by blessings & fortune in 2013.
I’ve been through multiple accidents last year and I have scars that might take years to heal. The trauma that I got after the truck accident was too strong that I refuse to drive sometimes and would rather stay home. But you know what? Even after all the things that transpired last 2012, there was one thing that I felt — gratitude. There were friends who were willing to help when I needed them. I never felt alone in any of the challenges that I went through.
I owe everything to the Lord who I accepted last January 2012! Everything just seems to fall in place knowing that He is there for us!
Wish Granted in Year 2012
I started a wish list last year. I wanted to make it a tradition so I’m writing another one today.
Was I able to achieve any of the items I wished for in 2012? Oh yes, I did!
- iPhone 5 – As planned, I got myself an iPhone 5 from the better network in the Philippines, Smart Communications. The upgrade was super worth it considering that I came from an iPhone 3GS. The iPhone 5 is thinner, has bigger screen, better phone design, faster response and most of all, it was the project that my idol, Steve Jobs, last participated in. I got myself some wonderful accessories (Speck PixelSkin HD case & Simplism Crystal Cover Set) with it too!
- iPad 3rd Generation – This was listed as a wish in 2012. However, I bought the iPad impulsively at the same day that I watched Drum Tao. While I was pretty disappointed with Apple releasing a 4th generation iPad six months after they released the 3rd generation, I still consider the iPad as my best gadget purchase for the year! I even launched a website called iPadPinas to show my love for the iPad.
Year 2013 Wish List
A lot of things have definitely changed. There are several items in my 2012 wish list that I don’t seem to aspire anymore. Some people say that all things are possible. However, I know my limitations. I know that even in my wildest dreams, I won’t be able to buy any Tiffany & Co. jewelries or Rolex watches. Why would I continue to list them out here? Even if in the future, I’ll have enough, I do not think I’ll have the willpower to spend that kind of amount for a jewelry. It’s just not my style.
This time around, I’ll be listing down all the items that I wish to purchase this year. I’m not sure if I can buy them all in 2013 considering the financial challenges I have at the moment. However, I hope to achieve most of them. Let’s see.
- Tempur Cloud Mattress 25 – Queen Size
This is my dream mattress and I wish to finally own this in year 2013. I super hope I can achieve this as I’m having a hard time sleeping with my current bed setup. We spend one-third of our day in sleeping. I believe that we should invest in good mattresses like what Tempur has.
- The Tempur-Fit Mattress Protector
Since this is available, I would want this as well. It serves as an extra protection to the expensive mattress.
Here’s the official description:
The waterproof and breathable fitted sheet consists of natural fibres which breathe with the body, rapidly absorb damp and then release it into the atmosphere, and so preserving the level of body heat. The intelligent membrane which prevents your mattress from getting wet is the thinnest on the market. This helps preserve the comfort of your mattress.
A good solution to keep your mattress as clean and hygienic as it were on the first day.
- 2 pieces Tempur Original Pillow – Queen Large
Two pillows to match the Tempur Queen-sized mattress. I can literally imagine myself using this in my sleep!
- Sleep Mask by Tempur
I read in an article that we will be able to get better sleep if there are no lights at all. A Sleep mask will fit this need.
- DeLonghi Icona Series – Red
Kettle: Icona KBO 2001.R
Toaster: Icona CTO 4003.R
Coffee Maker: Icona ECO 310.R
As soon as I saw the products on display in an appliance store, I knew that I will have them in my kitchen. I couldn’t get them off my mind. One day, I’ll have them. One day…
** Photos from Manufacturer’s websites **
Other items that I wish to buy in the future are a 27-in iMac, Magic Trackpad, Apple TV, Louis Vuitton wallet and bag, Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED, Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR DX ($389), Nikon SB-910 ($ 550), Nikon EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery for Nikon D7000 ($72), Tempur Travel Set, a Sony Playstation w/ Dualshock controllers, move motion controller, wireless keypad and a Sony 55-inch LED 3D TV.