It’s a good thing that I was on leave last week because I was able to watch Fast & Furious 6 on its first day. I caught it when most of the folks were at work. When evening came, the only words that came out of my mouth were, “Do watch Fast & Furious 6!”, “You should watch Fast & Furious 6″, “Fast & Furious 6 is the best among all Fast & Furious movies!”, “Do not miss Fast & Furious 6 or else you’ll regret it” and “Fast & Furious 6 is soooo good, you should make time to catch it”.
I was really like a broken record convincing every single friend to catch the movie. Suffice to say, I enjoyed the movie tremendously. In fact, my jaw dropped almost the entire time I was watching it. It was that good.
Fast & Furious 6 follows after a successful $100 million robbery from Fast Five. The group are now enjoying a comfortable life as multi-millionares and have retired from their old life. However, U.S. government agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson) approaches them to seek help on tracking down a group of criminals led by Owen Shaw (Luke Evans) and Dominic’s assumed dead girlfriend Letty Ortiz (Michelle Rodriguez). Since Dominic’s gang are family, the Fast Five team regrouped.
There are a lot of things I loved about Fast & Furious 6:
- My favourite stars in the Fast & the Furious franchise are all in the film – Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Ludacris, Tyrese, Gal Gadot, Sung Kang, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster & Elsa Pataky. The new stars (Luke Evans & Gina Carano) were awesome too!
- Fast & Furious 6 was action-packed. Trust me, from the first scene to the last scene of the movie! It was just so full of stunts, fast cars and unbelievable action scenes! Other movies will have only one of those stunts as highlight in their movie. However, Fast & Furious 6 are jampacked with all those awesome sequences!
- It’s a combination of car racing (Fast & Furious real theme), WWE (yes, wresting!) and non-stop action! Fast & Furious definitely grown from being a car racing movie to a full-blown action film with characters not only good at driving but also learned to fight and use guns.
- The movie connects the story of all other Fast & Furious films. We finally are able to connect and understand the storyline. I had to watch Tokyo Drift again to understand Sung Kang’s character more.
- The humor wasn’t forced at all. When the characters delivered those lines, it was genuinely funny! Something that normal people would utter as well.
- The action isn’t limited to the male leads but also equally to the female characters. It shouldn’t be a surprise considering Fast & Furious had former MMA champion Gina Carano onboard. They all kicked ass!
- I love how Fast & Furious 6 built each character’s story. Everyone had their moments and we empathised with each of them especially Sung Kang… I miss him :’(
- The spoiler article that I read last February 2013 is actually REAL! It’s now confirmed who the villain is for Fast & the Furious 7 and I loved it! Actually, I wanted to watch Fast & Furious 7 right the minute that Fast & Furious 6 ended. If movie theaters sell those tickets right now, I would buy it in a heartbeat!
My rating for Fast & Furious 6: 5 out of 5 stars.