January 4, 2014
I’m trying to be more bold in cooking. So this time, I tried my hand on preparing meatballs! Apparently, it wasn’t hard at all!
I got some ground beef from S&R (free 0.5 kg for every 1 kg). There are also a lot of meatballs recipe around so I’m going to try them out. For now, I have to prepare the meatballs first so that I can use it for the other dishes!
As much as possible, I don’t want to use a lot of oil. So I opted for the baked meatball version. It tasted just as good as fried so no regrets there.
For my next recipe posts, you will see the meatballs featured here used in other dishes. I’m excited to share with you all! Enjoy and make meatballs now at your home! 🙂
- 1 lb ground beef or ground pork
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, minded
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (180 degrees celsius).
- In a bowl, combine egg, water, bread crumbs, onions, salt & pepper.
- Add ground beef, and thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
- Form into meatballs using a spoon or ice cream scoop.
- Place the meatballs on a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit (180 degrees celsius) for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy OR cool and freeze (for future use).