Recipe: Chicken Adobo
April 15, 2016
There was a time that I was so addicted to fried chicken. I would ever 6 pieces of chicken to eat for the whole day and I did that for years. So when I started to cook for myself, I try to stay away from chicken. I felt I just had an overdose of chicken for years. However, this is an exception. I’ve cooked pork adobo a couple of times already. This time, I needed to try the chicken adobo version.
The cooking method is actually the same. It’s pretty easy to cook but the satisfaction we get from adobo is way more. There’s a reason why adobo is one of the most popular dishes in the Philippines. I still prefer the pork adobo over chicken adobo though. But if I think about my health, I have to lean towards chicken adobo. Enjoy the recipe! 🙂
- 1 kilo chicken, chopped into serving pieces
- 3 pieces bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon white sugar
- 10 pieces peppercorns
- salt to taste
- Marinade chicken for 1 hour with soy sauce and garlic.
- In a wok, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add marinated chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the juice from the marinade to the wok. Bring to a boil.
- Add bay leaves and peppercorn.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Serve and enjoy!