Recipe: Kimchi Soup
April 14, 2016
My mom loves Kimchi soup. Whenever we go to a Korean restaurant, Kimchi stew is always her order. I tried looking for a recipe of Kimchi stew and I got a little scared in trying it. So in preparation for Kimchi stew, I tried the simpler Kimchi soup first! Glad, Maangchi has recipe for all popular Korean dishes. It’s my go-to-place for anything Korean food 🙂
Kimchi soup is very very easy to cook yet it taste super yummy (at least in my opinion, hehe!). My mom is coming home next week so I’ll cook this again and let her judge. Hopefully, she’ll approve of my version of Kimchi soup. See below for the recipe. Let me know if you made it too!
- 2 cups kimchi (with juice), chopped
- 1/4 kilo pork belly, cubed
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 5 cups water
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 package tofu, cubed
- In a big pot, mix kimchi, hot pepper paste, pork and sugar.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add tofu and lower heat.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add green onions.
- Place the cooked soup into a bowl and serve.