Recipe: Saucy Adobong Kangkong
April 16, 2016
I’m one of those who loves vegetables especially Kangkong. I find it great that Kangkong is very cheap with supermarkets selling them for Php10-15 a bunch. However, there is one type of Kangkong that I really like — the very saucy Kangkong. The ones that we usually see are those with only a bit of sauce and while I find those yummy too, I still prefer the one with more sauce. I guess I just like to put some sauce to my rice which makes my meal more enjoyable to eat.
Here is a recipe of saucy adobong kangkong inspired by the recipe from Panlasang Pinoy 🙂
- 4 cups kangkong, chopped
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a wok, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook until crispy. Set aside.
- Add water, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar to the wok.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add kangkong. Cover the wok and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients, turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Top kangkong with fried garlic.