I used to read a lot of books. I remember setting aside Php 5,000 every year just to buy a bunch of books at National Bookstore (last time I did this was 10 years ago). I don’t know why I stopped but maybe I got overdosed with self-help books. I still read books every now and then but not as much as I did before.
I do think I will go back to my old habit. You know why?
Because I started reading the most influential and inspiring book a Filipino has ever written.
I never thought that a book will have that kind of effect in me. Seriously, I’ve browsed through the book for 2 weeks now. I have to read it over and over. Right now, I’m on my 4th time in reading it. However, I’m taking my time as I’m jotting down notes while I read through the pages.
Before I write any further, the book I am pertaining to is Productive Pinoy. It’s written by a 33-year old entrepreneur named Yeng Remulla. If you love Pinoy bands, you might remember him as the keyboardist of True Faith.
Yeng is younger than me but this guy has so much wisdom. Reading Yeng Remulla’s book is like talking to a mentor a hundred times. His book is just full of precious lessons to live by. Since Yeng is a Filipino, we can relate a lot to his experiences in life.
Productive Pinoy by Yeng Remulla is being sold at Php 395.00. It’s such a small price to pay for the countless lessons we can take away from the book. It’s like enrolling in trainings like time management, productivity and 7 habits of highly effective people rolled into one. The book is truly a gem and I’m NOT exaggerating.
Let me share some of my key takeaways from the Productive Pinoy book:
- We can succeed in life and enjoy the fruits of our labor. But in order to reach that point, we cannot be spectators in life. We need to participate and take action.
- Many kids grow up believing that they are really “worthless” as they have been told repeatedly. It creates a subconscious limitation that hinders them from being achievers. The truth is our creator designed us to be fruitful as told in the Bible. Not worthless, but valued. You can always choose to be the person you are destined to be. Believe that you are of great value! Be convinced. You have been crafted with loving care.
- Stop putting off that remarkable idea in your head! You may be the only person who is seeing the possibilities for now, but thousands of people may benefit on what you’re about to do. Go ahead and start something!
- Instead of aspiring for balance, search for the right work fit. You can’t find fulfillment simply by counting or balancing the number of hours you put to your work or your life. Operate in your area of strength. Get in the zone. The more you excel in what you do, the lesser it feels like work. And when you enjoy your work, it will come easy for you to enjoy the rest. The only time you’ll ever be living is in this moment. Make every second of your life count.
- Proving you can reach the top to impress people you don’t like is the route you should always avoid. It’s tiring and counter-productive. We are defined by who we are and not by what we do. Because we know who we are, we can define what we can do and achieve.
What I really appreciate in Productive Pinoy and how Yeng wrote it is that it makes us wanna change our mindset in things for the better. It doesn’t just provide us tips on how to be more productive but it helps us change the way we think in general. I know it will take me some time to change but I’m determined to follow the lessons I learned in the Productive Pinoy book. I won’t let the author’s efforts go to waste (at least in my case).
Thank you so much Yeng for sharing your life lessons with us. It’s rare that people like Yeng Remulla can share those important tips to us. Usually, dads will keep it from the world and will just share those crucial lessons to their children.
So do yourself a favor and head on over to your favorite bookstores and purchase Productive Pinoy by Yeng Remulla. I highly recommend it.
Book: Productive Pinoy
Author: Yeng Remulla
Release Date: September 15, 2011
Price: Php 395.00
Where to Buy:
- National Bookstores
- Fully Booked
- Central Books
- New Day Publishing
- Emerald Headway Distributors
- For Corporate orders, please email email@example.com